Sunday, August 22, 2010

Spider Kisses

Spider Kisses
I know you probably can't see the spider in this picture very good but let me assure that he was BIG. Or maybe HUGE would better describe him. As David and I were walking along the trail today we came to this web which was gorgeous with the sun striking it just right to show all the beauty of the design. Of course the BIG, I mean HUGE, spider was in the middle with two smaller spiderettes at the 2 and 4 o'clock positions. I was very engrossed in taking pictures (which turned out terribly) of said spider and web when I turned around to start hiking again I found myself face to face with another BIG, I mean HUGE, spider. I would like to say that I just backed up, shrugged my shoulders and proceeded on down the trail like any self respecting mountain girl would do. But sadly I have to report that I screamed and jumped around in the woods making all manner of sissyfied girly sounds. It was a dark moment of shame in my otherwise mountain girl lifestyle I am trying to develop. But seriously I don't want to be kissing on a BIG, I mean HUGE spider in the woods, mountain girl or not!
Today we hiked at Rocky Bayou State Park in Niceville. Very nice park with 3 hiking trails although they were all much shorter in length than we hoped. The trails are very nicely maintained and are wide enough to hike side by side (but look out for those HUGE spiders). Admission to the park is $5.00 per carload. So lace up your boots and get hiking
Hike on Baby, Hike on!

No comments:

Post a Comment